Friday, April 16, 2010

Thing #21

Podcasting and Videocasting are both things that I have shied away from in the past. They always seemed so difficult and scary to even think about creating! Although I was able to complete a video cast using Photostory, I did not find it very user friendly. I had to use the "help" button often during the making of my vidcast. Also, there was no upload straight to Blogger. I had to save the video to my hard drive and then upload it into this post.

Now that I have completed this assignment, I feel a lot more comfortable about creating another one. Although it can be intimidating, it's feels really good have created it an original video!

4 comments:

  1. Despite your troubles, it looks like you have a worthy project. I bet your second one will be easier.

    What were the particular problems you encountered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Narrating each frame took me forever to figure out! I had the music in the background, but couldn't find out how to narrate it. Once I figured that out, everything else went together pretty smoothly.

    Also...the first time I made the video, I got halfway through before I saved it and the whole thing froze up on me! So I had to start all over! ARGH! I learned my lesson the 2nd time and saved it after each little thing I did! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too encountered that freezing thing if I didn't save frequently! And learned the hard way as well to remember to do regular saving! :-)
    Glad you overcame it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool that you included your picture with the author. I plan to read this series over the summer. It sounds intriguing. Congrats on finishing and posting your Photostory. I experienced some problems along the way too, but it was worth it when I was finally able to post.

    ReplyDelete