Sunday, February 7, 2010

Thing #8

After watching the video and reviewing all the information on RSS feeds and readers, I realized that I had been using a RSS feed of sorts on my Blog Dashboard. When I subscribed to all my classmates blogs, any updates that are made are displayed in a box on my dashboard. I loved the convenience of having all the new information available to me without having to visit everyone's blog to see if they had posted anything new.

Imagine how excited I was to learn I could view all my favorite blogs and websites in this same manner! Personally, having a RSS Google reader available to organize the various types of blogs and websites I visit is a tremendous help! If I'm looking for information on current Entertainment News, all I have to do is click on my Entertainment folder and the latest and greatest information rolls out! No more spending countless hours hunting and searching through the internet!

As an educator, this tool can help us stay up-to-date on all the latest research in our fields, as well as, provide us with new ideas to engage students in their learning. The usefulness of this tool is endless!

1 comment:

  1. I was also amazed that when I pulled up Google reader that my blog followings were already there! I guess RSS feeds fall under the category of "use it, but don't know its proper name." Kind of like when I told my students that they use postscripts all the time and they just stared at me. Then I wrote P.S. on the board and all the light bulbs came on!

    ReplyDelete